..

Friends FOREVER
Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own

Thursday, July 8, 2010

lebron james heat jersey

Bookmark and Share

It’s Official: LeBron James Announces Plans to Join Miami Heat

lebron james heat jersey

All Cavalier fan hopes of a smokescreen leading up to “The Decision” were dashed away in a matter of seconds as LeBron James has announced his intentions to join the Miami Heat on ESPN’s nationally televised broadcast.
“This fall, I’m going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat,” said James.  ”I feel like I can win championships down there.  I’m looking forward to it.”
There were thoughts circulating that a lot of the rumor and speculation leading up to the Thursday night announcement could be simply to keep the NBA world on their collective toes.  Would James go on national television to slap the city of Cleveland in the face? Would his team leak information that would ultimately take the wind out of the suspense-filled sales?  All fair questions that have now been answered with a resounding “yes.”
“The major factor and the major reason for my decision was for me to win.  To win now and to win in the future,” said James.
Fellow free agents Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade announced their intentions to play in Miami for the foreseeable future.  James’ addition to this tandem would seemingly provide the Miami Heat with one of the most star-studded rosters in the history of the league.  James feels his decision to join the Heat will provide him with his first ring since joining the NBA in 2003.
“I put myself in a position to have this process where I can hear teams pitches and figure the best possible position for me to win and ultimately be happy,” said James.
“The thing that the Miami Heat franchise has done to be clear up cap space, it was hard to turn down.”
As a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James averaged 27.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 7.0 assists.  Led by James, the Cavs have been a part of four consecutive NBA postseasons, one of which ended at the NBA Finals.  Unfortunately for Cleveland, the last two seasons have ended in what is unaimously considered to be a disappointment.
“I decided this morning,” said James.  “I went day to day – it was a process that I felt was going to happen.  This morning, I woke up and had a great conversation with my mom and once I had that conversation with her I was set.”
Cleveland was said to be James’ favored destination given their ability to provide more money for a longer period of time, but he feared being “31-years old with bad knees and without a title.”
To Cleveland, James said that the decision was “heartfelt” and hard for him to make.
“I never wanted to leave Cleveland,” said James.  ”My heart will always be around that area, but the greatest challenge for me was to move on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment