..

Friends FOREVER
Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own

Thursday, August 4, 2011

18,077 unique visitors in only 7 days

Bookmark and Share

18,077 unique visitors in only 7 days


Welcome to the  this short  report  which outlines how I launched a new website and  achieved 18,077 unique visitors in only 7 days.  Before I begin I think its important to explain to you the power  of creative thinking and  how it can help you build a thriving new website or enhance the success  of your existing website.

Why you should think creative



The reason  why you should think creative is because being creative will wow the public. If you can wow the public you  will get traffic lots of it. Everyone  knows traffic is the backbone to online success, without it, all you will have  is a pretty  website that  nobody  is visiting.

If your site is unique and  is produced in way, which people want  to tell others about  it, youre in a winning position.


The Idea






Ideastheyre amazing things, yet when  I speak  to most people they  never go through  with them. Perhaps its because theyre scared about  the possibility that  it may not work out.  If thats your thinking - you need  to stop right now!


If the  guy who made  the  Million Dollar Homepage was scared to go through  with his unusual idea would he be a million dollars richer today?  If Nintendo thought that  their Wii console was too wacky for the  mass  public to appreciate, would they  be in the  winning position they  are  today?


“Most people hate change, but they absolutely love new ideas, new products...new businesses! A new idea has a much better chance of captivating the public, than if you were to just copy some existing idea




Not one person can guarantee you whether or not your website idea will be a success  or not, but what  I can tell you is, if you dont take  a chance and  take some action, you wont get anywhere, youll be in the  exact  position youre in now.


18,077 visitors in 7 days



How It All Begun



It all  started in  April 2007 when  I was  thinking  about  the  condition  that  has been  haunting me the  last 8 years of my life. Im one  of the  many  sufferers of the  male condition Gynecomastia, or better  known  as  man  boobs.  No Im not overweight  yet  I have  man  boobs  and  the  only  way to lose  them  is  to have surgery.


Its  not  important  whether you  completely  understand the  condition  or not, but  what  is important to take  notice of is the  fact that  I took an idea that  was close  to  my heart  (well  closer  to  my chest),  and  used  that  as  my website idea.


You  dont  need  to have  a passion  for the  theme of the  website  however  you do  need  to  have  some  knowledge  of  it;  otherwise  you  will  never  convince your readers that  youre genuine.


Anyway, I was  thinking of a way to raise money  online to pay for the  surgery  fee and  I got  a  crazy  idea  in  my head.  I remembered how  Ive  seen  many weird  websites  in  the  past  which  ask  for  a  donation  towards  some  crazy cause. I  thought to  myself,  if  some  guy  can  make  thousands of dollars  by asking  for  donations  for  some  (to  be  quite  frank)  stupid  cause, surely  I could raise the  surgery  fee since my site is towards a good cause.



And there  it was,  the  idea was there, and  the  belief that  it could work thats all I needed to go through  with it.


The Domain Name



20  minutes  after   I  thought  of  my  idea,  I  registered  the   domain  name.  I settled  on  removemymanboobs.com  I  knew  with  a  domain  like  that   I would at least intrigue people to check out the  site, and  it worked!


Having a  captivating domain name  is an  excellent idea because the  domain name  alone is capable of making a website viral. Many webmasters dont put enough thought into the name of their domain names. Its a big mistake they make,   as  your  domain  name   is  a  walking  billboard  for  your  website.  Your domain is the  first thing they  are  going to see before  they  view your website. Your  domain  name  will either  be  clicked  or ignored.  If they  ignore  it,  youve lost that  visitor. Do you see where  Im going with this?

Im  not  saying  you must  have  a weird/crazy/funny  domain  name  to succeed, but if you can come up with a good one,  then  by all means   use  it!



Designing the website



After registering the  domain name, my next  step  was to design the  website. Now it will depend on the  type  of website you have,  but generally if you want a website to go viral its best  to have  a simple design. You dont want  too many flashy images and  other  things which increase loading time and  distract viewers eyes  away from the  main focus of the  site.


Read this part  because its very important. Your idea is the  most important part  of your website, when  designing your website everything you do should place emphasis on your idea. Thats why if you have  a simple design viewers will immediately start  reading or looking at the  important content on your website.


Many people believe you need  to have  a flashy website to succeed, but Im telling you right now thats not true!  If you dont believe me,  go take  a look at Google, Craiglist or most other  popular websites, and  you will see they focus more on functionality rather than  flashy designs.


Now with removemymanboobs.com I basically have  a simple cartoon  image of man  boobs,  a progress  bar so others can see how well Im doing with the donations and  a long story about my condition so viewers can understand my condition and  hopefully sympathise with me.


Promoting the website



This is the  most interesting part  of this report  I think. I did one thing and  one thing only to get  18,007 visits in 7 days,  and  it didnt cost me a cent!


I sent out FREE press releases about my site

You better  believe it, those  free press  release sites which many  believe are useless made  my site go viral in a big way. Not only did I get  traffic from the press  releases, but once  the  word was out about  removemymanboobs.com, various blog owners  and  forum members starting posting news  about  my site
without me even  asking them!   My site was even  advertised on the  home page  of many high traffic websites.


Not only that,  but people who found my site interesting posted on social bookmarking website like Fark and  Stumbleupon, and  those  sites sent thousands of visitors to my site.


The best  thing is I didnt have  to do anything at all, besides submitting the initial free press releases.


Then the unthinkable happened



I started getting donations, money,  moolah, whatever you want  to call it, I couldnt believe it, my site was a success.



Not only that,  but I had  a few radio stations email me requesting me to do interviews with them  about  my website. I had  one from New Zealand and  two from the  USA.


Maintaining traffic flow



Although I consider my results a success, it was evident that  the  traffic was going to die down if I chose  to sit back and  do no further  website promotion.

Here are  a few things I have  (or will be doing) to extend the  life of my site and keep the traffic and  donations coming in.

-      Write Articles on Gynecomastia and  submit them  to article directories



-      Send  out more press  releases updating the  public about  advancements on my site. This is where you should be creative. I could make  the title of my new press release something like 36,000 eyes  witness the man  boobs”.  You need  to use  every weapon  in your bag,  be creative and people will notice you.


The above  are  just a couple of methods I can use  to ensure more traffic to my site, however  if a site is truly viral you wont need  to constantly promote  the  site, your visitors should be doing that  for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment